10 Travel Tips for a Stress-Free Summer Vacation
Summer is THE BEST! We go on vacations, visit friends, attend weddings, relax, and have a whole bunch of fun. The travel part, however, can be a stress. At Simply Organized, we not only have tips to help keep you organized in your summer travels, we also have products that do the same! Read on!
(NOTE: Travel Organization products sale lasts through June 3. Scroll down for featured products)
1. Print out all travel itineraries and reservations to store in one folder (near your suitcase). If you prefer keeping everything electronic, use an app like TripIt to store that info on your phone or other device. (If you are travelling internationally, make sure you have your CURRENT passport and any necessary visas, plus copies of them in your travel folder.
2. Cancel all your “standing” weekly appointments.
3. Make arrangements for your pets with a pet sitter or a kennel.
4. Hire a house-sitter if you prefer someone stay at your home while you are gone or if you have plants that won’t survive in your absence.
5. Go to USPS.com to place a hold on your mail.
6. Get your prescriptions refilled and purchase any other items you may need for the particular climate you’ll be in.
7. Pull out your suitcase EARLY (1 to 2 weeks before you leave) so it’s in your line of site and you can start to fill it little by little.
8. Use a travel packing list. You can pick up the “Pack This!” at Simply Organized or check out one of these options online:
*Organized Home Travel Packing List (Simple)
*TravelSmith Packing Checklist (Super Detailed)
*Independent Traveler Interactive Packing List (Customizable)
9. Pack clothes that hold up well in a suitcase (ditch the “dry-clean only” ones, or keep them separate in a garment bag). If you are travelling for a more formal event, hang your attire upon arrival to let out the wrinkles.
10. Roll your clothes…you’ll fit much more in the suitcase than you would with folding.
(NOTE: Travel Organization products sale lasts through June 3. Scroll down for featured products.)